With so many anti-snoring products available on the market today I am the first to admit that it can be a time-consuming exercise to find the one device that will best suit you and your needs.
Well, I am happy to say that it’s time to stop worrying, and snoring, because by reading the recommendations on this page I am pretty confident you’ll be able to pick your best mouthpiece: The one that’s going to deliver snore-free nights, not just to you, but to those around you as well.
Over a period of about five years I have tried just about every anti-snoring product there is and, from my experience, the three oral devices I have detailed below come not only highly recommend but are, I believe, the Top Three Anti-Snoring Devices out of many, many options. In my opinion these mouthpieces stand head-and-shoulders above the rest.
#1 Rated Device: Good Morning Snore Solution TSD
I believe the Good Morning Snore Solution, more commonly referred to as the GMSS to be the leader of the pack. It works by holding the tongue in place, so that it can’t fall back and obstruct the airway.
I have to admit, I wasn’t quite sure how this would measure up, especially comparing it to the mandibular advancement devices available, but I was pleasantly surprised to find it is just as effective. Plus, it is much less intrusive and more comfortable than many other options.
When you put the device in your mouth, it holds the tip of your tongue by using a suction bulb that sits between your gums and outer teeth. Unlike MADs, you don’t have to bite down on this product.
Here are a few points highlighting some of the many advantages of the GMSS:
- Arrives ready-to-use right out-of-the-box.
- Cleared for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Health Canada’s Therapeutic Products Directorate, and the Australian Department of Health and Aging.
- Risk-free 90-day money back guarantee.
- Made of BPA-free material that is soft and safe, and won’t irritate gums.
- Designed to keep your airway free of obstructions.
- Clinically proven to work. See: May 2008 edition of “Journal of Sleep and Breathing.
- Although the lower jaw is held in place due to your tongue being “locked” by the GMSS there is no pushing forward, so there is no chance of health issues such as TMJ developing.
- The lifespan of over 12 months.
- Can be worn with or without dentures.
- Includes a free carrying case.
- Costs $99.94 for one unit or $149.94 ($74.97 per item) for two.
For more detailed information read my comprehensive review here: Good Morning Snore Solution Mouthpiece: An Honest Review
Official site: www.goodmorningsnoresolution.com
#2 Rated Device: ZQuiet Hinged MAD
Zquiet is unlike other products on the market.
It features “Living Hinge Technology,” which is a unique hinged design that allows you to talk and sip water while wearing it.
Although it may look different than other MADs, it still works by gently advancing the lower jaw forward.
This keeps the airway free of obstructions.
It arrives ready-to-wear, so utilizing a boil-and-bite method for a custom fit is not necessary.
Here are a few points highlighting some of the advantages of the ZQuiet:
- Your jaw and mouth movement are free to be as they are, thanks to the hinged design.
- Breathing is in no way restricted by the size of ‘breathe holes’.
- Two sizes: comfort 1 and comfort 2 both of which are delivered to you.
- No fitting steps with water are required; it is ready-to-use right away.
- Pay only $9.95 for shipping on a 30-day trial.
- Designated a class II medical device by the FDA.
- 100% sourced and manufactured in the USA.
- BPA and latex-free, and made of a flexible thermoplastic.
- Easily cleaned with mild dish soap.
- Priced at $79.95.
For more detailed information read my comprehensive review here: ZQuiet Review: Are the Positive Reviews Justified?
Official site: www.zquiet.com
#3 Rated Device: My Snoring Solution Chin Strap
From a practical standpoint, this is a good choice. The way it fits onto the head, and has three different sizes allows for a comfortable night of sleep.
It wraps around both ears and fits snugly, so tossing and turning I did not find problematic.
If you have dentures, or crowns, caps or loose teeth I would recommend My Snoring Solution to be one of the best products to test.
Mouthpieces need to latch onto the teeth, and if teeth are loose, missing, or have been worked on this will cause problems.
It stayed on my head throughout the night and did as advertised – prevented me from snoring. As a side note for the men reading this, if you have a beard you will need to buy the size that will factor in the extra length needed to hold your mouth closed.
For snorers that have dental work, and prefer not to use any type of mouthpiece, this is an effective solution.
Here are a few points highlighting some of the advantages of the My Snoring Solution:
- Nothing needs to be inserted into your mouth. Sometimes I prefer to sleep with nothing in my mouth, as that can become tiresome night in and night out.
- Does not cause as many side effects. Mouthpieces have various issues such as tooth pain or jaw pain. This is not a problem here since nothing is placed inside the mouth.
- Simple to put away. You can very easily put it in with the rest of the clothes in your closet or inside a drawer. Other products you need to keep in a special casing at normal
- Cleaning is easy. I love this point. Sometimes I am very sick and tired of cleaning something every single morning. This only needs to be put with the rest of the clothes in the wash. Very easy.
- Long return policy. A lot of times a return policy will not be long enough for you to give something a real My Snoring Solution has a 90-day money back guarantee, 3 months to try the device to make sure you like it.
- With others you have to be careful with handling, and with the boil and bite MAD anti-snoring ones you only have a certain number of times to boil them before any material becomes compromised. In this case, you do not have to worry about any of that. It can handle some wear and tear!
- If anyone has had any type of dental work done, this is not an issue. There is nothing placed inside the mouth and gripped onto the teeth that would compromise any procedures previously done to the mouth. Dentures, crowns, caps, they are all fine. Even though I do not fall into this category, needless to say it is a great benefit.
- Worldwide shipping. Finally, something that my friends outside certain countries can try. It can be difficult for them to get some products, so this is a relief.
For more detailed information read my comprehensive review here: My Snoring Solution Chin Strap Review. Is It Really The Solution?
Official site: www.my-snoring-solution.com