In my search for an effective solution to stop my snoring, I came across what seemed to be an interesting product.
My snoring solution (MSS) is an anti snoring jaw strap (chin strap) that was unlike other products I have tried and tested in the past and I was curious to find out more information about it immediately.
During my search I had many questions.
I was curious if it would actually work to stop my snoring. I also wanted to know if it was worth the hefty price tag. Consumers should be aware that many companies make claims which sometimes are not entirely correct.
I had to investigate further, and wrote this review based on my entire process from A to Z using the My Snoring Solution.
I will say right off the bat for the readers who want to know right away – I was pleased with the outcome.
can be a good choice.
Does it stop the snoring?
I personally found it was an effective solution. I think a more detailed explanation of how it works is needed.
According to these clinical trials, the anti snore chin strap works as if it were a hammock holding the lower jaw in place.
It has three different sizes, which is helpful for people with different sized heads. I ordered the largest one and was happy with the fitting it gave me.
The chin strap is designed to keep your mouth closed, but at the same time hold your jaw forward.
This is the description of the functionality, and I have to say it did exactly that. By holding the lower jaw in a forward position, this prevents the tongue from slipping to the back of the throat.
When the tongue slips back this far, it causes vibrations and the vibrations is what causes snoring. This was the first chin strap I had ever used and I found it to be a good option.
If you suffer from sleep apnea, as with any of the anti-snoring devices you should seek a medical opinion before you use any type of anti-snoring product.
I suffer from allergies personally. Sometimes I am not able to use the My Snoring Solution because it keeps my mouth shut the entire night, thereby forcing me to breathe through my nose.
If my nose is stuffed up, this is not an option! However, when my sinuses or allergies are not flaring, I do enjoy using this product as a nice change of pace from my other anti-snoring pieces.
Another good point of this anti-snoring jaw strap, is that it can be used by people who have had dental work done. Since there is nothing intrusive or invasive placed inside the mouth, it is not an issue for these types of snorers.
For example, if you have dentures, or crowns, caps or loose teeth I would recommend My Snoring Solution to be one of the best products to test. Mouthpieces need to latch onto the teeth, and if teeth are loose, missing, or have been worked on this will cause problems.
From a practical standpoint, this is a good choice. The way it fits onto the head, and has three different sizes allows for a comfortable night of sleep. It wraps around both ears and fits snugly, so tossing and turning I did not find problematic.
It stayed on my head throughout the night and did as advertised – prevented me from snoring. As a side note for the men reading this, if you have a beard you will need to buy the size that will factor in the extra length needed to hold your mouth closed.
For snorers that have dental work, and prefer not to use any type of mouthpiece, this is an effective solution.
The price is higher than other products, and might be one of the first things you notice. However, I am a believer that if the product works the price tag can be worth it.
For $119.97 you get two chin straps, and per unit this comes out to be $59.99. This is still expensive per unit price. If you are thinking there is a magical lever or a complicated design which makes the price so high, you would be disappointed.
The MSS is a simple snoring headband that holds the jaw in place. As soon as receiving the product, there is no setup or any preparation needed. Just open the packaging, and place the product on your head and the chin strap below your jaw. You are then ready for bed!
No boil and bite like other MAD devices (Mandibular Advancement Device). No cleaning constantly or special storage procedures. This was a pleasant change from the regular routine for me.
If you are sick of constantly keeping up with setting other devices up, storing them in certain ways, and/or having to constantly meticulously clean them – the My Snoring Solution
Pros and Cons
There are many positives and negatives to consider before diving in and making this purchase.
Let’s start with the positives:
- Nothing needs to be inserted into your mouth. Sometimes I prefer to sleep with nothing in my mouth, as that can become tiresome night in and night out.
- Does not cause as many side effects. Mouthpieces have various issues such as tooth pain or jaw pain. This is not a problem here since nothing is placed inside the mouth.
- Simple to put away. You can very easily put it in with the rest of the clothes in your closet or inside a drawer. Other products you need to keep in a special casing at normal
- Cleaning is easy. I love this point. Sometimes I am very sick and tired of cleaning something every single morning. This only needs to be put with the rest of the clothes in the wash. Very easy.
- Long return policy. A lot of times a return policy will not be long enough for you to give something a real My Snoring Solution has a 90-day money back guarantee, 3 months to try the device to make sure you like it.
- With others you have to be careful with handling, and with the boil and bite MAD anti-snoring ones you only have a certain number of times to boil them before any material becomes compromised. In this case, you do not have to worry about any of that. It can handle some wear and tear!
- If anyone has had any type of dental work done, this is not an issue. There is nothing placed inside the mouth and gripped onto the teeth that would compromise any procedures previously done to the mouth. Dentures, crowns, caps, they are all fine. Even though I do not fall into this category, needless to say it is a great benefit.
- Worldwide shipping. Finally, something that my friends outside certain countries can try. It can be difficult for them to get some products, so this is a relief.
- I was not able at all to breathe through my mouth. If you are expecting to get a little air in there possibly, you cannot! I have allergy issues, and know others with sinus issues. If you have any type of blockage in the nasal passage, this will be a problem when using this product. You will have to go with something else, such as a MAD device with air holes, that allows mouth breathing.
- Price is steep. At the end of the day this is only fabric. For what you receive it was a little on the expensive side. I would honestly like to see the price dropped a little to be fair to consumers.
- Refund policy was not 100%. You have to pay a 25% disposal fee, so not getting your entire amount back is not possible.
- The company reputation was not amazing. There are some complaints from the Better Business Bureau. If you are someone who follows the grading of the BBB, you might have some issues here.
My Personal Experience
Right away I liked the fact that after receiving it I did not have to “boil and bite” anything or prepare any adjustments. I opened the packaging placed it over my head and the fabric felt comfortable. It did not rub my skin the wrong way or irritate me in any way. As I fit it around my ears and under my jaw, it held my jaw in place as described and also in a forward position. I was initially worried how the ‘forward position’ would work with only a headpiece, but it in fact does close the mouth and extend the jaw at the same time. Now was the bedtime test.
I woke up the following morning and felt fine, and I knew right away this meant that I slept well. Overall, the product worked. I will say that I had some soreness. This is typical and should not ‘turn you off’ to My Snoring Solution. Typically, soreness goes away after a few nights and you are used to wearing something. Your facial muscles and jaw will get used to the exact positions they were in throughout the night.
Another point to make is that it stayed on my head the entire time as well. Even though I am a ‘tossed and turned’ throughout the night, the way it is designed to go around the ears work. I am a rough sleeper, and there were no issues with any movement, falling off, or slipping.
For this night of sleep, I had no nasal blockage. I was breathing fine through my nose the entire time. I had no need to breathe through my mouth so I was happy with the functionality of the headpiece.
This paragraph would be different if it was a night where I was having some nasal problems. I would most likely not be able to use it at all, and have to switch to something that was inserted with air holes or a TRD (tongue retaining device) so I could breathe comfortably.
Sometimes my allergies are so bad, I cannot breathe through my nose at all!
Now that it was morning I was extremely happy not to have to clean anything. I only removed it from my head, folded it, and placed it in the drawer beside my bed. This was a huge relief compared to the mornings where I have to take 5 minutes or more to clean what I was using.
All in all, I would say it was a success.
Final Review and Conclusion
This chin strap for snoring is expensive, there is no doubt about that. But it has some points that will make the purchase worthwhile. At the end of the day, it needs to work. And I found that after using it I woke up with more energy and felt better rested.
This is the number one sign that I did not snore throughout the night. There was some initial soreness from using it, but that dissipated after several days.
Most, if not all, of these anti-snoring products will give you a little soreness after their initial use. This is normal. After some days, your mouth muscles and jaw becoming used to the device the soreness is not an issue any longer.
Some other positive points about it, is the ease of use and ease of upkeep. No need to clean the device daily. That was a relief for me! It is very easy to store, clean, and wear. I personally have issues with my nasal passages.
This makes using the My Snoring Solution difficult, if not impossible, when my sinuses or allergies are out of line. However, I have different devices that I prefer to switch between, so this is a great option when my nose is not blocked and when I prefer not to put something inside my mouth for the entire night.
Overall, my opinion is a positive one.
I feel confident recommending this to other snorers who are searching for solutions. Especially if you fall into the category of needing any of the extra benefits it provides over other products.
Visit official site: my-snoring-solution.com
My Rating: 4.5
Which Product Should I Buy?
With well over 100 products on the market it can obviously be quite daunting to decide, “Which one?”
To help ease the decision process I have created a comparison chart where you can effortlessly assess each product and its features, price, pros and cons. I have also written several detailed reviews for those devices that I believe to be leading products.
If you would rather not spend a lot of time reading reviews, please take a look at the article linked here: My Mouthpiece Recommendation. It’s a list of three products which I believe, based on my extensive experience, are the best options available to people who suffer from snoring.